Kenya’s largest telco, Safaricom, yesterday announced that in celebration of turning 18 years old, the company will be refunding all the data its customers use over the weekend. The promo, Asante Data Sunday, will reimburse subscribers the data they use on Friday, 23 November and Saturday, 24 November as bonus data on Sunday, 25 November.
This comes after, about a month ago, the telco ran a similar promotion, at that time, reimbursing the airtime used during Kenya’s Mashujaa day. As always, every promotion has its terms and conditions and to help you figure out how to navigate through this one, here’s everything you need to know about Asante Data Sunday:
- The promotion is open to all Safaricom subscribers, including prepaid, postpaid and hybrid customers. Flex and Platinum users will also enjoy the bonus data.
- You can check how much data you have used during the period of the promotion by dialling *444*20#. This menu will also give you access to your bonus data balance.
- The bonus data received will only be valid on Sunday 25 November, until 11:59 pm.
- Safaricom will only reimburse data used through bundles, meaning, if you browse without any data bundle, you will not receive the bonus data.
- There’s no limit to how much data bundle will be refunded. So if you will, go ahead and break the internet.
With such a deal, the only question will be, how do you take advantage of such a data deal? Here are a few suggestions.