In April 2020, the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) asked its members to update their personal details by confirming their registration details and picking an outpatient facility of their choice so they could enjoy the medical covers without much hustle.
“To facilitate continuous improvements of services and communications of members, NHIF embarked on updating members contact details as well as choosing their put patient facilities… The fund also sought to have beneficiaries update their choice of outpatient facilities afresh for the purposes of data cleaning so as to deliver efficient services,” read a notice from NHIF in part.
The deadline for Kenyans to make the changes was set on 30 April. But being a nation of people who are forgetful, prioritising wrongly and technical hitches, not so many Kenyans adhered to the deadline. To avoid locking up too many of them out, NHIF decided to extend the deadline to Friday 15th March 2020 to ensure everyone has access to the outpatient facility and better medical coverage, especially during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Members can now download the NHIF app and make the necessary changes. Here is how to go about it.
- Go to play store and download My NHIF app from your
- Enter your ID Number
- Follow the prompt to request for a One Time Pin that will be sent to your phone which you will use to log in.
- Once logged in, select an option whether you want to choose an outpatient facility or change your existing one.
Alternatively, they can access these services through the NHIF USSD Code via their mobile phone. Here is how to go about it.
- Dial *155#.
- Select preferred language (English or Kiswahili)
- Input your ID number
- Select your preferred options from the ones availed then choose the service you want
- Follow the prompts on your screen to update your details.
Also one can visit their official website http://www.nhif.co.ke/healthinsurance/nhifselfcar