Tecno will this month introduce the Tecno Camon 11, which is their smartphone in the camera phone category with dedicated optics as the selling point.
The Tecno Camon 11 not only brings camera optics, but signifies the smartphone company’s entry to the notched world. Other specifications are as below.
- 6.5 inch display with a 19.9 aspect ratio
- 13MP plus 2MP back cameras and 16Mp AI selfie camera with AI Beauty, AI HDR and AI portrait
- Mediatek MT6761 Quad core processor clocked at 2GHz
- 32GB storage and 3GB RAM or 64GB storage and 4GB ram options
- 3750 mAh battery
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Colours: Aqua Blue, Midnight Black and Hawaii Blue
The pro version will come with a better processor, 64GB storage and 6GB RAM.
The device is already on pre-order from Telkom Kenya shops and Tecno Shops, according to Tecno Kenya’s Facebook page with the following offers. Camon 11 will pre-order with a deposit of Kshs 1000 and this gives you a Kshs. 2000 off the selling price at launch while Kshs. 4000 pre-order deposit gets you the Camon 11 pro which gets you a gift hamper worth up to Kshs 10,000 at launch.
There is no mention of the device price yet, so you will have to do some guesswork there.If the previous Camon, the Camon X which sold at Kshs 20,000 at launch is any guide then you have an idea what to expect.