Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) tasked with the responsibility of placing Government-sponsored students to both public and private universities and colleges, is now open for applications to 2019 KCPE candidates to enable them to choose the courses they wish to pursue in campus depending on their individual performance.
Here is how one can go about it.
1. Visit kuccps.net, click on the students portal and log in with your KCSE index number and year. The password is your Index number or your birth certificate number. The website lists all the programmes on offer in Kenya’s universities and colleges organised such that one can find exactly what they are looking for.
2. Candidates will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements they meet. However, the selection will be determined by the overall performance. They can search for courses by the institution, or by simply clicking on the programmes tab in the portal.
3. Upon setting for the courses one desires to pursue, one can now apply for the course by entering the programme codes, confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses, then submitting.
4. Follow the application fee payment instructions. Those applying for the first time will pay Ksh 1500. Those revising their choices submitted in school will pay Ksh 1000 after the first application has been concluded.
To lipa na M-Pesa,
- Select Pay Bill then enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
There are 529-degree courses, 215 diploma programmes, 109 certificate programs and 137 artisan programmes listed on the website to choose from.